Wednesday 16 June 2010

Paper and penguins





For the new season of illustrations for arctic circle I have been experimenting with paper cuts.
 
It proved to be quite a challenge, not only in creating the elements but in composing them through the lens of a camera, with all the variables of photography (depth of field, lighting, etc) to consider as well. Below is a picture of the 'set' to show the basic set up followed by a test shot and the final image as used by arctic circle.




I loved making this, there is just something liberating about working outside of my computer. It reminds me of preparing for my GCSE in art, sitting in the kitchen late at night lost in what I was doing to the hum of the strip lighting mixing with the shipping forecast piping out of the radio.

Next up is a paper copy of the Tate so stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment