Wednesday 25 May 2011

Olly Moss: paper cuts at Gallery 1988

I first came across the work of Olly Moss on a design blog. The post featured a  collection of modern movie posters re-imagined in a Saul Bass-esque way. They were nice to look at, with some very clever use of illustration, and a nice restricted colour palette but they didn't really take my breath away however his latest project does.

It is a series of 300 18th century inspired silhouette paper cuts but of cultural icons ranging from Teen Wolf to the Simpsons! All the silhouettes were lazer cut and then beautifully framed, hung and are now on display at Gallery 1988 in Melrose. It's too far away for me I'm afraid but I do hope this show travels! here are a few more pics and a short video about the show and if you want to find out more you can find Olly's blog here




Olly Moss Art Show @ Gallery 1988 from Threadless.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment