Friday 22 October 2010

N.Y.C.–New York Crochet!

© Nicole Gastonguay
After last weeks knitted item I have another posting from the world of wool. I came across the work of Nicole Gastonguay who is a New York based artist/illustrator who designs book covers to keep the wolves from the door! I first saw her work while flicking through Tangible and recently came across it this week while searching for 'TV Dinner' on the net and the resulting image of a not so happy piece of meatloaf made me smile, as did all here other creations when I visited her site. There was an old loved feel to the way that her creations had been photographed as well, as if they were demosration illustrations from an old crochet pattern book.  I could think of worse ways of ending the week than clicking over to her site and checking her work out! I just wonder what her book covers are like!

© Nicole Gastonguay

© Nicole Gastonguay

© Nicole Gastonguay

© Nicole Gastonguay

© Nicole Gastonguay

© Nicole Gastonguay

No comments:

Post a Comment